The Hegel Society of Great Britain (HSGB)
The HSGB is a forum for those interested in the work of the German philosopher G.W.F.Hegel (1770-1831), his predecessors and contemporaries, his followers and his critics.
The HSGB was founded in 1979, and now has over 300 members. It publishes a journal, the Hegel Bulletin (formerly The Bulletin of the Hegel Society of Great Britain), which appears twice yearly (May and October), and since 2013 has been published by Cambridge University Press. The HSGB also holds an annual conference. It actively co-operates with other Hegel societies, particularly those in Germany and the USA. We encourage you to join us & subscribe to the Bulletin.
- Exclusive Discount for Members of the Hegel Society of Great Britain
Bloomsbury Publishing are offering a 25% discount to all members of the Hegel Society of Great Britain on all books in their academic philosophy collection. The Bloomsbury philosophy list features exciting original texts, reference works, textbooks and monographs spanning both the analytic and continental traditions. Works included in this collection are The Bloomsbury Companion to Hegel, On Hegel’s Philosophy of Right, Between Hegel and Spinoza, and Hegel’s ‘Phenomenology of Spirit’: A Reader’s Guide.
To receive your 25% discount enter BPHEGEL25 at the checkout when ordering on Bloomsbury.com. Offer valid until 31st December 2016*.
*This offer is not available in Australasia and North America.
- The 2016 conference will be on ‘Hegel and Marx’, 1-2 September St Edmund Hall, Oxford: further details to follow
- New Hegel Bulletin editors announced: Christoph Schuringa and Alison Stone
- New conference organisation fund launched, to help support conferences related to Hegel and Hegelian themes: see details here
- New travel fund launched, to help PhD students and early career researchers present papers at conferences: see details here
- The Bulletin has a call for special issues on moral philosophy; pragmatism; and phenomenology
- Two new Hegel reading groups in the UK, on The Philosophy of Right and The Science of Logic
- The Hegel Bulletin is now published by Cambridge University Press
- The HSGB now has a facebook page and a twitter account
- For information on previous conferences, see here