The Hegel Society of Great Britain (HSGB)
The HSGB is a forum for those interested in the work of the German philosopher G.W.F.Hegel (1770-1831), his predecessors and contemporaries, his followers and his critics.
The HSGB was founded in 1979, and now has over 200 members. It publishes a journal, the Hegel Bulletin (formerly The Bulletin of the Hegel Society of Great Britain), which appears twice yearly (May and October), and since 2013 has been published by Cambridge University Press. The HSGB also holds an annual conference. It actively co-operates with other Hegel societies, particularly those in Germany and the USA. We encourage you to join us & subscribe to the Bulletin.
- The Hegel Bulletin is now published by Cambridge University Press
- The HSGB now has a facebook page and a twitter account
- The 2014 HSGB conference will take place at Magdalene College, Cambridge on 4th-5th September on ’Hegel’s Political Philosophy’ – further details to follow
- The 2013 HSGB conference took place at St Edmund Hall, Oxford on 2nd-3rd September on ’Hegel’s Logic’ – read about the conference here
- The 2012 HSGB conference took place at Magdalene College, Cambridge on 4th-5th September – read about the conference here.
- HSGB’s 2011 conference took place 5th to 6th September on ‘Hegel: Naturalist or Anti-Naturalist?’ – read about the conference here.
- HSGB’s 2010 conference took place 1st to 3rd September on ‘Kant and Hegel’ – read about the conference here.
- HSGB’s 2009 conference took place 3rd and 4th September 2009 on ‘Hegel and Kierkegaard’—read about the conference here.
- Karin de Boer (Groningen) has taken over as books review editor of the Bulletin, working alongside Katerina Deligorgi as editor.