The HSGB is a forum for those interested in the work of the German philosopher G.W.F.Hegel (1770-1831), his predecessors and contemporaries, his followers and his critics.
The HSGB was founded in 1979, and now has over 300 members. It publishes a journal, the Hegel Bulletin (formerly The Bulletin of the Hegel Society of Great Britain), which appears three times a year (April, August and December), and since 2013 has been published by Cambridge University Press. The HSGB also holds an annual conference. It actively co-operates with other Hegel societies, particularly those in Germany and the USA. We encourage you to join us & subscribe to the Bulletin.
- The 2019 conference will be on ‘Hegel and Freedom’, St Edmund Hall, Oxford, 2-3 September 2019: see conference page for full details.
- Recent special issue of the Bulletin published on The Science of Logic
- Issue 40 (3) of the Bulletin will be a special issue on Hegel and the Philosophy of Action, edited by Edgar Maraguat and Constantine Sandis
- The HSGB now has a facebook page and a twitter account
- For information on previous conferences, see here