The HSGB is a forum for those interested in the work of the German philosopher G.W.F.Hegel (1770-1831), his predecessors and contemporaries, his followers and his critics.
The HSGB was founded in 1979, and now has over 200 members. It publishes a journal, the Hegel Bulletin (formerly The Bulletin of the Hegel Society of Great Britain), which appears three times a year (April, August and December), and since 2013 has been published by Cambridge University Press. The HSGB also holds an annual conference. It actively co-operates with other Hegel societies, particularly those in Germany and the USA. We encourage you to join us and receive the Hegel Bulletin as part of your membership.
- The Hegel Bulletin has been enthusiastically participating in celebrations for Hegel’s 250th birthday, including podcasts and interviews with leading Hegel specialists
- We are delighted to announce that Prof Robert B. Pippin is the new Honorary President of the HSGB.
- We are also very pleased to announce that Dr Joe Saunders has taken over as Treasurer of the HSGB.
- The 2019 conference was on ‘Hegel and Freedom’, St Edmund Hall, Oxford, 2-3 September 2019: see conference page for full details.
- Recent special issue of the Bulletin on Hegel and Aristotle on the metaphysics of mind
- Issue 41 (3) of the Bulletin will be a special issue on Hegel and biology, edited by Andrea Gambarotta and Luca Illetterati
- The HSGB now has a facebook page and a twitter account
- For information on previous conferences, see here